Five thoughts on Vancouver’s 5-1 win over the Flames
Written on February 10, 2013 at 10:16, by headtothenet
The Canucks, their goalies, and Schroeder are red hot. See, now you have to read this.
-by J.D. Burke and Omar Rawji
The Canucks extended their winning streak to five on Saturday night with another dominating performance. Oh there was some good stuff in this one.
1. Hot goalie – part 1: Twitter comic maker @s_town created the below illustration of Alain Vigneault’s thought process when choosing his starting goalie. Course, even the 8 ball can’t argue with numbers like Schneider’s against the Flames.
2. Hot goalie – part 2: Cory Schneider is not giving up the net now that he finally has it back. His numbers against the Flames? A .971 save percentage and one goal against. ‘Nuff said.
3. Hot goalie – part 3: Remember that other Canucks goalie? Dumb question. Anyway, Roberto Luongo was on After Hours last night. Check it:
4. Schroeder scores and Schroeder scores: Yes, he scored twice. Looks like we weren’t the only ones who noticed how dominant Jordan Schroeder was in his last game against the Wild.
AV put him on the first unit power play against the Flames (he led all Canuck forwards in PP time) and he looked like he belonged. By the end of the night, he had one PP goal, a monkey off his back and one regular strength goal.
5. Burrows and the Sedins, who knew? K fine, we all knew. Anyway, just to verify what we thought we knew, which now we know we knew, the Sedins play well with Alex Burrows. Burr had a goal and an assist, and the bros had four points between them. Also, apparently Burr’s presence makes Hank feel quicker and stronger too as he went 19-5 in the faceoff circle.