In case you don’t know, Justin Schultz is a defenseman who has yet to play a game in the NHL but has spent the last 3 years with the University of Wisconsin. Over his last two years in the NCAA, he’s scored 91 points in 78 games.
He has put the Canucks on a shortlist of teams he might sign with come July 1.
Justin, in order to help you make the decision, we give you the following list of reasons to come to Vancouver.
9 Reasons Schultz should come to Vancouver
1. We know you’re as mystified by the @strombone1 account as we are. Only one way to find out if it’s really Luongo: get in that dressing room! (tell us what you find out please)
2. Apparently your parents are Canucks seasons ticket holders. That means their loyalties lie here. You’re either with them or against them, Justin.
3. Three-peat opportunities don’t come along often, but you’ll have a shot at it in Vancouver. Presidents Trophy, baby!
4. Your lifelong dreams of being Keslerbombed aren’t coming true with any other team.
5. Three words: milk hot dogs. Only one city’s got em…
6. Justin Schultz – Wisconsin Badger, meet Jannik Hansen – Honey Badger.
7. Speaking of being a Badger you guys get along with racoons and skunks, right? We got tons of them here.
8. You want hockey smarts? In Vancouver, high school students break trades. Our teenagers have more hockey smarts than Edmonton’s and Toronto’s adults.
9. Finally, picture yourself saying this on July 1: “I’ve decided to take my talents to Wreck Beach.”